Signature Deployment Errors
When embedding signatures with Signite, some errors may occur.
See the following for potential issues and ways to solve them:
1. Template Structure Errors
Signite updates our API regularly, and therefore some older template structures needs to be updated in order to deploy correctly.
To remedy this, a simple click on the green Update Template button at the bottom of the template editing page, will fix any incompatibilities with our newer code, and prompt a fresh redeployment of the previously deployed signatures.
2. Exceeding Character Limit
Signite embeds the signatures by using the GSuite API, and therefore depends on the different limitations set by Gmail.
Due to Gmail’s character limitation of 10,000 maximum characters per signature (More info), exceeding the HTML character count may cause an error while trying to embed.
Due to this error being common, we advise that you first check the character count displayed in each user signature preview screen, to validate that you don’t exceed the aforementioned limit.
How to verify that the issue you’ve encountered relates to character limit exemption:
1. In your users screen, deployment errors are visible for each individual user.
In order to see all users with deployment issues, you can filter the user list by choosing the inactive status from the Status drop down menu.
2. In each user’s signature editing screen, there is a character counter on the top, right hand corner of the preview screen. Use this counter to verify that the character count does indeed exceed the 10,000 character limit set by Gmail.
How do I solve the problem?
1. Verify that all components visible in the user’s template are essential, and try to remove as many non-essential component as possible, thus reducing the character count.
Additionally, you can choose a template design that doesn’t use graphic icons for the various links, but shows a more simple, textual, detail display. This can significantly reduce the HTML character count
2. Verify that all information entered to the template’s remaining components on the user screen is essential, and remove as many non-essential words and characters as possible.
3. After reducing the components, update the user signature in the user preview screen, and verify that the updated character count is under 10,000
4. Finally, return to the users screen, check the users you’ve updated, and re-deploy their templates.
3. Permissions Error
Following an update to Signite that allows for Alias domain support, GSuite requires some new permissions from users using our app.
To comply with the new requirements, your account admin will need to uninstall and re-install the app from the GSuite Marketplace.
Use the following guide to help you with the issue:
Uninstalling and Re-installing the Signite App